Performances affected by the Corona Virus
You will find all the information on the current situation here:
1. Which performances have been cancelled?
All Bayerische Staatsoper performances from 11 March to 31 July have been cancelled. Tours and our accompanying programme, as well as events at other venues, were also impacted by the cancellations during the above period.
2. Will I be refunded the admission fee for cancelled performances?
Of course. All performances were cancelled and reversed. Customers who had tickets for a production in the mentioned period all received a cancellation confirmation with return form.
The refund method was as follows:
- Customers who paid by direct debit were refunded the entrance fee to their account.
- Customers whose current account details were not available to us were credited the amount to their account as a virtual voucher. They also received a cancellation confirmation with a return form. After transmission of a current SEPA account, the amount was booked on it.
- Customers who bought their tickets anonymously, please contact our ticket sales department with the original ticket.
Are you still waiting for reimbursement for cancelled performances?
- Please check your incoming payments
- If no payment has been received, please contact our ticket sales department at email@example.com or by telephone on 089. 21 85 19 20.
4. What happens if I bought my tickets via an external advance sales point?
If you bought your tickets from a private advance sales point, please contact it directly. These include: Süddeutsche Zeitung Tickets, central advance ticket sales in the lower level at the Marienplatz and Stachus underground stations. This also applies for Theatergemeinde and Volksbühne ticket holders.
5. What happens if I bought my tickets via the ticket exchange?
Visitors that bought their tickets via the ticket exchange or comparable platforms should please contact the person they bought them from.
6. Can I also donate the admission fee?
If we have already transferred the ticket amount back to you, you can also donate the amount later on. You will of course receive a donation receipt for the amount donated. Please transfer the donation to the following account:
Account holder: Staatsoberkasse Bayern in Landshut
IBAN: DE75 7005 0000 0001 1903 15
Bayerische Landesbank München
Reason for payment (“Verwendungszweck”): BKZ 5305.1202.4997, Kap. 1581, Spende Staatsoper *)
*) If possible please add your customer number
Your donation will benefit the ongoing operations of the Bayerische Staatsoper.
7. Who do I contact if I have any questions?
Please contact the central ticket sales team by e-mail.