Birthday Offering / Trois Préludes
For Ivan Liška
Thursday, 07. April 2016
Ballet Festival Week
Prices H , € - /- /- /- /- /- /- /8Download Cast List (PDF) To List of Performances
- Musikalische Leitung
- Myron Romanul
- Maria Eichwald, Laura Hecquet, Alina Nanu, Iana Salenko, Polina Semionova, Zuzana Šimáková
- Steven McRae, Karl Paquette, Jason Reilly, Giovanni Rotolo, Ondřej Vinklát, Friedemann Vogel
- Ivy Amista, Luiza Bernardes Bertho, Evgenia Dolmatova, Mai Kono, Katherina Markowskaja, Ekaterina Petina, Daria Sukhorukova
- Maxim Chashchegorov, Jonah Cook, Luca Giaccio, Cyril Pierre, Olzhas Tarlanov, Matej Urban, Adam Zvonař
- Soloists and corps de ballet of the Bavarian State Ballet
- Ensemble of the Bavarian State Ballet II / Junior Company
- Bayerisches Staatsorchester
Iana Salenko (Staatsballett Berlin)
Steven McRae (Royal Ballet London)
Laura Hecquet (Ballet de l’Opéra de Paris)
Karl Paquette (Ballet de l’Opéra de Paris)
Friedemann Vogel (Stuttgarter Ballett)
Giovanni Rotolo (Ballett des Nationaltheaters Prag)
Ondřej Vinklát (Ballett des Nationaltheaters Prag)
Zuzana Šimáková (Ballett des Nationaltheaters Prag)
Andrea Kramešová (Ballett des Nationaltheaters Prag)
For eighteen seasons spanning a timeframe from 1998 to 2016, Ivan Liška has shaped the Bavarian State Ballet with his vision. Right at the very beginning of his time in Munich, named the popular, recurring gala evening based on the muse of dance Terpsichore.
The Terpsichore-Gala XII will be an homage to Ivan Liška for which the program will be curated in collaboration with his ensemble. The evening will be a throwback to eighteen years of choreographic adventures and risk-taking and an outlook on the future. A positive future, which Ivan Liška will help shape as the successor of Konstanze Vernon as the director of the Heinz-Bosl-Foundation.
Myron Romanul was born in Baltimore, studied in Boston and had his Debut as piano Soloist with the Boston Symphony Orcherstra at age of 11.
Performed as a Soloist and member of Boston Symphony Orchestra and Boston Pops Orchestra with Seiji Ozawa, Kurt Mazur, Arthur Fiedler, John Williams and others. Won Grammy Award with New England Conservatory Ragtime Ensemble in 1973 for Best Classical Chamber Music.
Assistant Music Director, Boston Lyric Opera
Principal Conductor Boston Ballet
Conductor & Solo Pianist, Stuttgart Ballet, 1985-1990
2. Kapellmeister & Assistant GMD, Badische Staatstheater Karlsruhe, 1990-1994
1. Kapellmeister & Stellvertreter GMD, Staatstheater Mainz, 1994-1997
1. Kapellmeister, Aalto Theater Essen
Music Director, Fairbanks Summer Arts Festival, since 1985
Principal Guest Conductor, Central Massachusetts Symphony Orchestra, since 1985
Guest Conductor, Ankara State Theater, since 1999
Also plays Cimbalom (Hungarian dulcimer), performed with Pierre Boulez & Speculum Musicae, and recorded film score to Gorky Park
Guest Conductor at the Opéra national du Rhin and in Metz, both in France and at the His Majesty's Theater in Perth, Australia.
Myron Romanul has been conducting performances at both the Bayerische Staatsoper and the Bayerisches Staatsballett since 1987. At the Bayerisches Staatsballett Romanul conducted, amongst others, The Taming of the Shrew, Onegin, Don Quijote, Balanchines Brahms-Schönberg Quartett, Jacopo Godanis After Dark, The Nutcracker, Romeo and Juliet, Raymonda, Alice´s adventures in Wonderland, Portrait Wayne McGregor and La Bayadère. He also took over the musical direction of numerous premieres such as Die Silberne Rose, Bombana/Simon/Godani and Le Corsaire, Helden, Der gelbe Klang and Le Sacre du printemps.
Learn more here
(Information as of January 2020)