U30 – Discounts for young adults
The Bayerische Staatsoper has set itself the goal of giving access to their performances to the widest possible young audience. So far, the discount was only during a training / study. From the new season 2019/20 there will be a ticket quota for all young adults under the age of 30 for a standard price of € 10.
Who can buy tickets? *
Every young adult under the age of 30 is eligibled to buy tickets. Proof of age via identification card has to be provided when visiting the performance.
Where and when will tickets be available?
Each month's first Monday all U30-tickets for the following month will be available for purchase. Booking of tickets will start at 7 PM in our online shop. When the month's first monday is considered to be a holiday booking of tickets will start one day later. U30-tickets for September and October will be sold from 22 July 2019.
* U30: Further information and conditions
- Scope: U30-tickets will be sold for selected perferomances only to young adults under 30 years of age who are able to visit the performance without legal guardian after advanced ticket sale has started on a specific date. Bookings containing regular tickets next to U30-tickets subject to availability and can only be made via telephone or at the box office but not online.
- Proof of age: Upon visiting the selected performance it is neccessary to provide proof of age to the entrance staff (e.g. official identification document with photograph). If proof of age cannot be provided when visiting the selected performance the ticket will lose its validity.
- MVV: Use of public transportation is included. In order to use MVV when ordering via Ticket-Direkt it is necessary to personalise every ticket.
- Max. 4 tickets per order and performance. Ticket availability can be further restricted.
- U30-users receive further information before selected performances that are related to U30 via e-mail.