The Bayerische Staatsoper’s Opera Studio promotes ten highly talented young singers every year and prepares them practice-oriented for an international career.
Along with small to medium-sized roles in our opera productions and cooperation in their own Opera Studio new production, the members also enjoy well-founded and diverse support in the form of role studies, singing lessons, breathing technique, acting lessons and German lessons. Master courses with renowned performers such as Brigitte Fassbaender, Bo Skovhus, Edith Wiens or Helmut Deutsch are also offered.
APPLICATION FOR THE 2022/2023 SEASON
- Application deadline: 7 November 2021
- Applications are accepted as of now via our application form
- Requirements for an application: As of 7 November 2021 you must be younger than 30 years old
- Application papers: CV and portrait photo
- Please submit the following sound recordings for preselection:
- 3 arias or lieder, including an aria by Mozart and, if possible, a German aria (as video or audio link or as video or audio file)
After the candidates have been selected the auditions are expected to take place in January 2022.
Following a successful application, you will receive a confirmation of receipt by e-mail. We will contact you as soon as possible to tell you if you will be invited to audition in January 2022.
For questions please contact:
The Bayerische Staatsoper’s Opera Studio